ITI190 – Insurance Top Info 190 – Know the importance of early childhood education. As parents, it is crucial to know the importance of early childhood education. The reason is, this education will be the foundation for the little one in building the basic skills needed in his education in the future.
Early childhood, according to the United Nations (UN), is a child aged 0-8 years. In this period, children’s brain development is very rapid because children absorb all kinds of many information from the environment and the people around them. In Indonesia, early childhood education itself is realized in the form of preschool education called PAUD for children 0-6 years. The Ministry of Education and Culture stated that PAUD was held so that children were better prepared before entering further education.
The government views the importance of early childhood education as a central point to build the basic foundation of a child’s personality in order to become a civilized human being in the future. In addition, the importance of other early childhood education includes:
- Improve physical and mental health and well-being. The goal is to increase learning achievement, unyielding character, more independence, and children are able to optimize their potential.
- Develop the capacity and effectiveness of a child’s brain, considering that this age is a golden period with brain development reaching 80 percent.
- Forming successful children in the future.
The importance of early childhood education cannot produce instant success. Parents will only see the results when their children grow up or at least receive education at a higher level. Children who get the best education from the age of 0-6 years have greater hopes for success in the future. On the other hand, children who do not get adequate education must fight harder to develop their lives.
What is learned in early childhood education?
Early childhood education is a teaching system that focuses on the physical, cognitive, emotional, and social development of children. PAUD institutions must also establish a curriculum that can explore the potential of each child. Some activities that can be done by children while in PAUD institutions are:
- Artistic and skill activities, such as drawing, painting, model making, activities that are close to everyday life such as cleaning the house.
- Play with toys, symbolic games, sensory games, play with sand and water, construction games, and more.
- Music and movement activities, such as playing a musical instrument, singing, memorizing songs, and so on.
- Communication and creative activities, such as storytelling, memorizing fairy tales, reading books, reading educational comics, and others.
- Activities that train sensitivity, such as observing, reading with pictures, math, talking, and experimenting.
- Outdoor activities, such as walking, playing in the sand at the beach, sports, and others.
Although there are children who stand out from the academic side at an early age, PAUD institutions should not generalize children from their academic achievements. This is because the nature of children at this age still prefers to play. On the other hand, PAUD places more emphasis on children’s progress in their socio-emotional aspects. For example, PAUD teachers teach children to respect friends of different religions, share food with friends who don’t bring lunch, or help friends who are in any trouble. Teachers can also train children’s discipline through small things, such as tidying up shoes before entering the classroom, tidy up the chairs after studying, and so on. Occasionally, teachers can also give projects according to the child’s potential to practice their problem-solving skills.
Who should be involved in early childhood education?
One of the things that are most often overlooked by parents in understanding the importance of early childhood education is the involvement of any party in the formation of the basic foundation of children’s character. Choosing an Early childhood education program institution with a good curriculum is not enough because the roles of parents and teachers are equally important. PAUD institutions are required to implement a learning system that combines science, technology, practice, and mathematics. Meanwhile, the teacher must be able to take the child’s heart so that he can absorb the knowledge provided by the teaching staff. On the other hand, parents must also pay attention to the things that are being studied by the child and monitor its development. When these three things have gone well, the more likely the child will be a successful person in the future.
ITI190 – Insurance Top Info 190 – Know the importance of early childhood education.